14 January 2016

Major catch up...

So, it's been over a year since I decided to take a break from blogging... I hadn't intended to take as long a break as that, but life got in the way and I forgot about blogging all together. I wasn't happy with the direction this space was taking so I stopped. I didn't have a clue about what to write, whether to find a niche, something to focus on, or just keep it fairly random. Whilst there are benefits to both, I still don't really know what I want to do. So my current plan is to just do what I feel like until either I come up with a plan, or I fall into some sort of niche that suits. I guess that's what most bloggers do...

Now, to catch you up on what's been happening. Well I'm now in my last year of university, and I still don't have a clue what I want to have a career in when I finish. I study psychology, and I know I want to work with kids, I know I love music and dance and theatre, so I would love to do something combining all that... Impossible, I know. I guess I just have to keep looking. At the moment I'm thinking that I'm just going to work next year and then decide whether to go back to uni for a masters/postgrad or just to keep working. Either way, I need to work next year because I couldn't afford to go back into uni straight away.

Outside of academics, I've actually not been doing a huge amount... I'm not long back from an amazing holiday in Sri Lanka (posts to follow) and I'm going back this summer to volunteer on a Performing Arts with Special Needs placement. I'm so excited but I need to get started on fundraising soon as I need to raise £2000 to go... So I expect there'll be a lot of that on the blog too!

Also over the last year I've been trying to lose weight with varying degrees of success, another topic that will undoubtedly be mentioned several times.

So, in a nutshell, I've not done a huge amount over the last year... A few big events but not much really. As I come to graduate uni, I'll be sharing more of my big life events here as I try to find a home for my blog.

Hope to see you here again!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment